Seven Seas U
All you need is the Internet—and a desire to learn!
Seven Seas Cruising Association can help you learn the skills and acquire the knowledge that you need to be a successful cruiser. At Seven Seas U you can take courses online - no matter where you live. All you need is the Internet!
With today's cutting edge technology, our instructors offer courses on the web that include presentations, video, sound and other multi-media and allow participants to actively engage with the instructor. Those that prefer to learn at their own pace can try our Anytime Learning modules that can be downloaded to a tablet device for offline viewing at your convenience - and you can still interact with the instructor via email.
Courses are available on essential topics such as marine weather, communications, safety at sea, navigation, boat systems and maintenance. And cruisers from across the globe bring you insights into the cruising lifestyle and exotic cruising destinations.
Seven Seas U uses the Webex platform for our live webinars. You must install the Cisco Webex plugin to watch a live webinar. For a mobile device, install the Cisco Webex Meeting app from the App Store. Visit the CISCO Webex Test Meeting website to setup your computer or mobile device prior to attending a live webinar.
Seven Seas U is open to both SSCA members and non-members; however, SSCA Members receive a discount on every Seven Seas U course! Click on any of the green the member discount icons to get the current member discount code.
WXR102: Upper-Level Weather
Speaker: Chris Parker, Marine Weather Center
August 15, 2019 8:00pm EDT
Registration fee: $20 members, $25 non-members
Chris discusses the key features of upper-level weather, explaining how upper-level and surface weather work together to produce the most significant weather events. The main points of this weather module are: The basics of the 500mb Chart; The concepts of divergence and convergence; and How upper-level and surface weather work together. Chris takes a practical approach, keeping the discussion relevant to Marine weather. To help you remember what you learn, he uses unique custom sketches, powerful analogies, and real-world examples and animations. After taking this webinar, you’ll be able to describe how the upper-level weather and surface weather affect each other, how convergence at the surface and divergence in the upper-levels work together, and how convergence in the upper-levels and divergence at the surface work together. You will also learn some common mistakes mariners make with respect to decision-making. If you are not sure about what you will encounter at sea, this webinar will help you better understand weather reports and help you make better decisions before you leave or underway.
Register Speaker Info
Every webinar is recorded are available to free to those that register for the live webinar for 120 days. After that period, the recorded webinar is available to all SSCA members and non-members at a fee.
Recorded Webinars Catalog
FREE Recorded Webinars
Several webinar recordings are free to SSCA members and non-members.
Free Recorded Webinars Catalog
To register for one of the paid webinars or recordings:
1. Click on a REGISTER button above. Note that the price shown on the screen that opens does not include your SSCA member discount, that will be applied soon.
2. Click the blue Register button on the "Link Status" line.
3. Enter your First name, Last name and Email address in the text boxes provided.
4. Enter your email address a second time in the Confirm email address text box, and then click the [Submit] button.
5. On the payment information screen, enter the SSCA Member promotion code in the box provided and then click the [Apply] button. If you are not a member, leave the field blank.
6. Click the PayPal Check out button, and complete your payment at the member discounted price, if applicable.
7. Once the host approves your registration, you will receive a confirmation email message with instructions on how to join the event.
For questions or to be added to the Seven Seas U subscriber list, email Administrator at Seven Seas U.